Saturday, November 7, 2009

Congenital heart surgery at NTUH - Taiwan


In Vietnam (my hospital), congenital heart surgery, adult heart surgery and thoracic surgery are work together but in here it is separation and it is very professional. However, I have selected and updated congenital heart surgeries that I will be practiced in my department when I come back to Vietnam for example atrium septal defect (ASD), ventricular septal defect (VSD), tetralogy of Fallot, atrio-ventricular canal… and in the future, we are going to deploy TGA, Truncus.
I have also updated knowledge about SICU in children hospital (about cardiovascular surgery) for example ECMO, intensive care for children after cardiac surgery…..
I can describe a congenital heart surgery as follow:
- Supine, ETGA, midline sternotomy (or redo-sternotomy)
- Cannulation via AsAo, SVC and IVC (bicaval)
- On partial CPB, hypothermia to 200C
- Ante-grade cardioplegia
- To approach and repair (partial or total) lesions of heart
- Re-warm, de-air, wean off CPB
- Remove canuls
- Temporary pericardial pacemarker
- Haemostasis
- Set drains

No comments:

Post a Comment